A New Way To Display Your Roses
Being creative and romantic at the same time can go a long way
For romantics, giving roses to someone has become a cliché. Why not try injecting your roses with some creativity. This will surely make your significant other love you even more!
What you need:
- DENSE FOLIAGE
- 1-2 DOZEN ROSES
- FLORAL FOAM
- PLATE OR SHALLOW CONTAINER
What you need to do:
1. Condition your flowers by taking out extra leaves and cutting an inch or two off the ends, and set in clean water for 3-4 hours. Hydrate your floral foam. Cut to size and fit snuggly into the container. Use plastic if needed.
2. Have the floral foam exposed about 2 inches off the rim of the container. Use pins to secure. If you used plastic, hide it under the lace.
3. Cut foliage short and arrange on top of the foam. Show the lace underneath. Keep a natural form and trim if needed.
4. Arrange your roses in clean, straight rows
*Tip, hydrate foam every other day and keep in a cool dry place without direct sunlight.
This article has been revised for online reading. The original article appeared on the February 2014 issue of My Home Magazine. Get the e-mag version My Home Magazines on Magzter.