Turn Your Instagram Photos Into InstaPillows
Your Instagram posts now have a greater purpose.
Instead displaying them on the usual frames or in social media, why not put them on your pillows. Not only will they look great but these would also a good conversation starter.
What you need: Plain shirt, printed shirt, heat transfer paper, scissors, tape measure, pencil, thread, and needle
- Print your image on the glossy side of the heat transfer paper. If your image has text, use a photo editing program to mirror the image, so it will come out correctly when transferred on the fabric.
- With your pencil and tape measure, mark an 18” x 18” square (or follow the size of your pillow) on the blank side of the plain shirt. Do this step for the printed shirt as well. The printed shirt will be the back side of your pillow.
- Carefully cut out the square on your shirt. After cutting the squares, place the printed fabric over the white fabric, right side facing each other.
- Sew the sides of the fabric together using backstitch. Using a sewing machine will be handy for this step. You can also add a zipper or buttons on one side of the square.
- Put the shirts on a flat surface and smooth out any wrinkles. Insert a piece of paper in between the two shirts. Place the transfer paper on where you want the image to be on the shirt. When the iron is set at the desired temperature, apply pressure on the shirt from the outside going inwards.
- Once everything is evenly ironed, wait for it to cool for about two minutes, and then gently peel off one corner of the transfer paper. After this, insert the pillow into your new pillowcase.
*This article has been revised for online reading. The original article appeared on the March 2014 issue of My Home Magazine. Get the e-mag version My Home Magazines on Magzter.